Prima Colazione

Nothing says 'Good Morning' like a nice breakfast on a quite weekend in summer.
-Dementescibo

I have started this blog primarily to share my experiences and experiments with the one thing that is closest to my heart (or rather my stomach :)). And that is FOOD. 
If someone asked me what I considered as the most difficult yet satisfactory thing to do? My answer would always be - to cook. To me, a simple meal can change how my day moves ahead, it can instantaneously alter my mood and it has the power to please each and every sense in my body.
I believe that a good dish is one which has the capacity to delight all of our five senses- it should look gorgeous(sight), its aroma should take you to ‘magic land’(smell), it should crackle or sizzle if it can(hear), its texture should be perfect(touch) and most importantly, its flavor should induce a ‘food orgasm’ in your mouth(taste).

I am Avinash, a regular bloke who manages to sneak in a hour or two once in a while to cook and my definition of food is simple- if it can be digested, it's food. I am open to try out any and every cuisine out there in order to experience the pleasure of thoroughly satisfied taste buds. This blog is my journey to attaining ‘Food Nirvana’.

My first dish- An Omelette.
I have seen many a TV shows and food experts talk about the art of making an Omelette. They say it is the best way to judge the true talent of any Chef. If he/she has mastered an Omelette, then he/she can master anything. I say this is total crap (no disrespect to any Top Chef mentors here!!). Try cooking a caramel pudding or a chicken dum biriyani or making barbecue sauce (there are better examples out there for sure) with you bare hands. Those are the Chefs, an omelette is Basic 101 lesson.

Below is my version of an Omelette:

2 Eggs (because one egg is just not enough), Tomato(medium), Green Chilli, Ginger, Coriander, Cheese, Oil(or Butter), Italian Seasoning, Salt to Taste.

Chop the tomatoes, green chilli, ginger and coriander. Beat them all together with the eggs (if you are not fond of the raw tomato flavor, cook them a little before mixing it with eggs) and add salt. Heat Oil in a tawa and pour the egg mixture evenly. Cook on low flame (gives best results). Add Cheese and Seasoning. Flip the Omelette (the most crucial part is to not break its shape) and serve with bread toast or juice or both.


Tip: Some folks, like to cover the omelette while it is cooking in the tawa, so that the top part also cooks along. I prefer not to do that as without the lid on, you can get a good creamy (and cheesy) inside to your omelette which is super delicious).


 And that my dear is a good(not perfect), delicious, and wonderful Prima Colazione (which is 'breakfast' in Italian, and Italian because we used Italian seasoning in this recipe). 

Do share your favorite Omelette versions!! 
Gracias!! 


Comments

  1. Gorgeous looking Omlette. Will share recipe with folks at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good looking omlette. May be using shredded cheese would lead to a more uniform distribution?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on. Grated Cheese would help is two ways, one as you say, it would help distribute the cheese evenly and two, would help melt the cheese faster as well.
      I my case, I was left with Cheese slices, hence had to do with that :)

      Delete
  3. Avinash! Nice one....keep it up. I liked the way how your photos speak for themselves. Looking forward to many more such recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it. Thanks Kumar!
    Will keep posting ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts