Pescetarian by Heart

In my last blog  (Prima Colazione), I described an experiment. Well, today I want to share an experience. 

My favorite food item is anything and everything that is Seafood. Maybe it is because of the fact that I have lived by the sea all my life. Or maybe it is because I have a taste palate that is tuned to love this food. Seafood to me is the one of the most difficult things to get right. It demands very delicate cooking techniques and for that you need the hands of a fine craftsman. 

To savor seafood, you have to accept its two main components. Flavor and Smell. People who do not prefer seafood are largely those who do not like the smell. The smaller portion do not like the flavor. And the most unfortunate ones do not like both. 

But if you are among those lucky ones, who God has gifted the nose and the tongue to accept seafood, then you are in for a tremendous genre of cuisines and delicacies that are prepared from limitless variety of sea animals found in massive salty oceans, calm fresh water lakes and golden sandy beaches.


My first review- Andhra Fish

Item name:-   Andhra Fish
Restaurant :- Red E drop zone, Cenotaph Road, Teynampet, Chennai.


I love seafood but for reasons still unknown hate the way it is cooked in most restaurants. But this is one of those rare exceptions where I found gold. 

The best thing about Red E is that they have an open kitchen. So whenever my taste buds demand this dish, I make it a point to visit the place. This is the only restaurant where whenever I go to order (I am 'take-out' kinda guy), I only order the same dish.Then, I  take a seat next to the glass window and stare at the chef(s) preparing this. ( I do get some stares back from them which when translated would mean 'oh it's that creep who stares, again' but I don't budge).

The first thing that hits you about this dish is its aroma and God that is good. It is garnished with ginger and curry leaves which give it an amazing scent. The fish is always fresh and cooked so well that it would melt in your mouth. It is marinated in a rich flour batter and deep fried before cooked on a tawa with all the spices. The 'Andhra' in the name should give you enough hint that the Chef would be extra generous while adding chilli (both green and red). It is a fireball.
Every bite would leave you with a burning tongue that would only crave for more. The champion touch on this dish is when you get to bite the ginger once in a while that adds a whole new dimension to its flavor.


If you have a thing for seafood, a thing for anything 'Andhra' and a belief that the best food is one that will leave you literally crying at the end of it, then you absolutely must must must try 'Andhra Fish'.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts